Friday 30 June 2017

A June Post

     Ello!!! 
It's the end of June already. Seriously? And *sheepish grins* I haven't even managed a post till now. Which I couldn't have left any later, because then it would July. I totally couldn't miss a month, could I? So because my life is downright crazy and I'm not very organized, I don't have a story instalment. But I thought you might like to know that I am still alive and all that. Also I might rethink Friday posting ( which I have been trying to stick too. ) It is my catch up school day and at the moment I really need it. And my story has hit a road block so   I need a lot of time to tackle it too.
      Moving on, what has kept me mostly from my blogging? One word... Eisteddfod. So last week was the eisteddfod and I needed a whole week to debrief from it. How'd it go? Mostly good. Music was soooo much better than I thought it would be and I was pleasantly surprised at how I went. I got a second and a third. I've been told ( and totally agree with ) that that score is nothing to sneeze at, because the people who beat me have had hundreds of hours of music lessons, whereas I have very much not. But I'm very happy with my improvement and deeply grateful for the lessons I have this year. Plus it was fun. :P Speech and drama, I got a first and two thirds. My first was for impromptu mime, which completely shocked me. I didn't think it would go so well, but apparently I kept it simple and didn't stray from the main idea. ( Dentist's patient :D ) Third for sacred and Australian poetry.
     This is also my first blog post without braces!! Very exciting! :D Now I just have to wear a retainer for three weeks straight ( except for eating ). So I have a bit of a lisp now. :P
      Also second week of holidays I'm going as a assistant leader for a Christian camp. It is mainly aimed at sharing the gospel with primary aged kids who wouldn't normally get a chance to hear it. So I would greatly appreciate prayer for that. I've never done anything like it before. I get to teach part of a memory verse and sing among other things. :)
Thank you for listening to my ramblings, I really appreciate it! :D ♥
See ya in July. ;P
Antonella Rose.

6 comments:

  1. WOOT GOOD JOB!!! So cool to hear how you went. It's great that you had fun, too. :D

    Good lucky with the Christian camp! I'll definitely be praying. <3 You'll be fine. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! It is always lots of fun after the nerves wear off. ;D

      Thanks *hugs* It makes me feel better already! :D

      Delete
  2. Hi Anton! WOW braces off already! Time flies;-) I hope you like the end result:-) That was fantastic results you got in your Eisteddfod performances! I remember when Amy was doing them, a lot of time and effort into practicing.
    What was the camp called that you did? I did one at Camp Toukley in April for DOCS kids; we taught them about Jesus the entire week. It was run by a group called Inspiring Hope. That was in April. In September I am going to a different one called Getaway at Camp Elim, Amy and Nadine have done it before and it is for disadvantaged children. I can't wait to go!
    Also, I love the new blog page, it is really lovely and the pretty name adds a lot of character; God bless<3
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo! I know it's just zooming by! I do like the end result :P I forgot how big my teeth were. ;D It was more than I'd hoped for! Probably hadn't done as much practice as I should have...
      It was called PK camp. I hope you have fun while you're gone! I had a ball while I was away :D
      Awww thanks! I'm so happy you think so!
      Thanks for commenting!! It makes me happy. ♥

      Delete
  3. Hi Anton! Wow, braces off already?! Time flies:-) I hope you are enjoying the end result. Great scores on your Eisteddfod performances! I remember when Amy was doing them and the amount of practice that went into a single act. So much fun though.
    What was the camp you went to? I went to one in April at Lutanda Camp Toukley, it was run by a Christian organisation by the name of Inspiring Hope. The camp was for DOCS primary-age kids and we spent the entire week telling them about Jesus. It was amazing! I am going to a different one at the end of September called Getaway. It is held at Camp Elim and it is for disadvantaged children who the Lions Club sponsors to go. It is also about teaching the gospel. Amy and Nadine both did it when they were younger and they adored it, so I am really looking forward to it:-D
    Great new blog page! It is really lovely, and the name gives it a real sense of character too. Can't wait to hear more from you!
    <3 Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Eisteddfod was super fun!! I always enjoy it. :D
      I will try not to disappoint you there!!

      Delete